Most Football clubs have embraced the world of football shirt sponsorship, drawing in millions of income.
The team at Casino Football wanted to create a summary of just how much it costs to attain sponsorship with the UK Premier League teams. The Financial Fair Play rules that have been imposed by UEFA, have induced the need for clubs to look at ways of making more money. Football clubs have to spend within there means, most especially with player purchases VS Football Club profits. Adding sponsorship deals for naming Stadiums, Billboards as well many other options are more common now than they have ever been, for the FFP strategies.
Recently Manchester City broke there shirt sponsorship record, by agreeing a deal with the sportswear company Puma. This deal is said to be worth up to £600 Million and spans across various acquisitions within the City Football Group. The exception is the American MLS league, of which has a cross club team agreement with Adidas. The new deal for Manchester City is said to come into effect next season.
The truth is clubs need to make more money, in doing so sponsorship deals are an integral part of the marketing mix for them. For organisations, sponsoring the Football Shirt is a fantastic way to gain new customers and of course brand awareness. Some marketing Guru’s believe that Football Sponsorship is more of a vanity deal, however we believe this is naive. With clubs having millions of supporters all over the world, most of them wearing there clubs Shirt, opens up fantastic opportunities for companies.
A good relevant example of sponsoring for Casino Football would be by using a football themed game such as Football Stars as a football shirt sponsor.
Please check out below our Premier League shirt sponsorship deal findings:
In first place for the 2018-2019 season is:
1. Manchester United Football Club – The shirt sponsor is Chevrolet and is said to be worth over £45 Million per season. It is reported that this marketing agreement has been signed up until the 2020-2021 season..
2. Manchester City Football Club – Abu Dhabi Airline, namely “Etihad Airways” has been the main shirt sponsor since 2011. The value of the contract is reportedly set at approx £44 Million per year.
3. Liverpool Football Club – Since 2010 they have been sponsored by “Standard Chartered”. The marketing deal has been reported as being worth around £40 Million per year.
4. Chelsea Football Club – Yokohama Tyres are the main shirt sponsors for Chelsea FC, worth a reported £40 Million per season.
5. Arsenal Football Club – In 2006 Arsenal signed up to a £40 Million pound with “Emirates” airline who also sponsor the ground in a separate deal too.
6. Tottenham Hotspur Football Club – In 2015 Spurs signed a deal worth approximately £35 Million pounds per season with AIA.
7. Everton Football Club – SportPesa took over as the shirt sponsor in 2018 in a deal worth around £10 Million pounds per season.
8. West Ham United Football Club – Betway are the official shirt sponsors of West Ham United. The deal was agreed in 2015 and is reportedly worth around £10 Million pounds per season.
9. Newcastle United Football Club – The official shirt sponsor is Fun88 an Asian gaming organisation. The deal is worth an estimated £6 Million pounds per season.
10. Crystal Palace Football Club – In 2017 Crystal Palace signed up with ManBetX in a shirt sponsorship deal worth around £6 Million pound per season.
11. Southampton Football Club – Virgin Media are the official shirt sponsors for Southampton. The agreement is said to be worth around £6 Million pounds along with the sleeve sponsor deal which is reportedly worth in excessive of a further £2 Million pounds.
12. Wolverhampton Wanderers Football Club – In 2018 Wolves signed up with the gaming company W88 as there shirt sponsor. The value of the deal is said to be worth around £5 Million pounds and lasts 24 months.
13. Burnley Football Club – The clubs official shirt sponsor is LaBa360 and was agreed in 2018. The sponsorship deal is reported to be worth in excess of £5 Million pounds, breaking the clubs record. Don’t forget to check out the latest Champions slot game here.
14. Leicester City Football Club – Since 2010 King Power have been the main short sponsors for the club. The value of the sponsorship deal is said to be around £4 Million pounds per season.
15. Bournemouth Football Club – M88 have been the shirt sponsors for AFC Bournemouth since 2017. It is reported that the value of the sponsorship deal is around £4 Million pounds per season.
16. Watford Football Club – In 2018 Watford agreed a deal with FxPro worth in excess of £3 Million pounds per season.
17. Fulham Football Club – The club football shirt has been sponsored by Dafabet since 2018. The deal agreed is said to be in excess of £3 Million pounds per season.
18. Cardiff City Football Club – The Malaysian Tourist Board are the club shirt sponsor. The deal is reportedly worth around £3 Million pounds per season.
19. Huddersfield Town Football Club – In 2017 Huddersfield signed up with Ope Sports as there official shirt sponsor. The value of the sponsorship deal is said to be around £1.5 Million pounds per season.
20. Brighton & Hove Albion – Way back in 2013, The seagulls signed up with American Express (AMEX) for a reported £1.5 Million pounds per season. They also sponsor the ground and have a huge relationship with the club, as there UK Head Office is in the City. Please see an example of the short sponsor ship below:
There are of course sleeve sponsors also, however we have opted to cover the main front of Football shirt sponsorship deals for all of the current clubs.
*Please note this news piece has been created as a guide only, some information may be slightly out of date.